I don't know how I get myself into these tangles but I do. The origins of this are really, really wooley (I think they had something to do with a growing sense of desperation over a shortage of volunteer Cricket coaches) but I somehow commited myself to knitting on deadline. Now who would do that? In this case I have to finish three bat cozies in time for the Cricket World Cup Final which is tomorrow. (I just want it noted here that no one I know from Zimbabwe ever uses bat cozies)
My fingers are hurting and I just realized that the one I am making for my colleague Steve looks Jamaican and not West Indian. The South African one is a no brainer except I have no yellow yarn and I may need to felt the New Zealand one, because it looks too Australian.
If you consider that it's Sri Lanka and Australia in the final, I have no idea why I'm knitting cozies for these teams (maybe because they are for a South African and a nice Metis boy from Manitoba who has an obsession with a pretty Maori girl from Tauranga) but hopefully I'll be done by the time the match starts--you can't knit while you watch Cricket, it leads to way too many injuries and I need to save both eyes and my fingers for umpiring.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world!!
So this is what you do on a Friday night. I know where you'll be around 3 a.m. Cheers.
Welcome to BlogLand!!! I'm so excited to find you here and I'm looking forward to finding out even more about my wonderfully talented friend.
My wonderful friend and hero!!
Welcome to the blogland.
Thank you for recognising that there *is* a difference between the Australian and New Zealand flags (even if it required additional work.)
Post a Comment